Unit 3 Task 2: Reflection in real life

One habitual behavior I had faced frequently would be procrastination. Ever since I started studying in schools, I would always procrastinate and leave homework or tasks to the absolute last minute, often to the point of getting me into trouble with the teachers. Worst still, I would only study one day before exams. As I grew older, this behavior of mine proved to be an obstacle.

As I progressed into higher and higher level of studies, procrastinating often resulted in me scoring bad grades as it is impossible to cramp many weeks of lectures and tutorials into my head in a short span of time. At the end of the semester, my grades were as expected, atrocious.

At that point of time, I felt more angry than miserable. I was angry because I had the ability to rectify this habitual behavior everyday in my life, but i chose to ignore and give in to it. From that point on, I would learnt from my mistakes and ensure this would never happen again.

By constantly reminding myself of the bad grades I had, I was able to slowly but surely, eliminate my procrastination behavior and cultivate proactive qualities in completing my work and tasks.




Comments

Popular Posts