Critical reflection


Module learning:
My goals are to gain more self-confidence in my public speaking skills and improve my writing skills to effectively convey my intended message to the target audience. The continuous presentation and peer evaluation in the class has boosted my confidence level significantly and I am no longer nervous when speaking to a small crowd. When communicating, there is always a sender and a receiver.  To communicate effectively, every statement I write or say is used to provide critical information I want the receiver to know and understand. Even right now as I write my reflection, I am putting what I have learnt over the course of the module into use. Hence, I have achieved both objectives of improving both my writing and communication skills. To further improve my communication skills, I would vet my peers work to gain exposure to different writing techniques and learn from them.

Project learning:
I have learnt that there are many crucial points to take note when doing presentations, from the appearance of the presenters to their speech. When presenting, eye contact is very important and it must be gentle and not overly aggressive, key points must be emphasized to create optimal impact and the presentation must captivate the audience I am targeting. These conditions are essential to deliver an exceptional presentation to target stakeholders. In addition to personal pointers, the transition between each presenter must be smooth to prevent awkward situations. Other than oral presentation, there are also crucial points to take note for writing reports.  The problem statement is critical as the whole report revolves around it. It has to include both a conceptualized ideal and current situation to provide readers with an overview of the gap between them. After which, we can present a solution that can reduce the gap between the ideal and current situation.

Comments

  1. Thanks a million for this final reflection, Jia Hao. I appreciate your effort with providing a rather detailed reflection for this assignment and your positive attitude toward learning with the module in general.

    Best wishes as you continue your learning journey at SIT and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Brad, for all the effort and guidance you have given us throughout this short semester. You have provided me with many insights and I am eternally grateful for that. I hope I have the chance to work with you again in the near future.

    Best regards,
    Jiahao :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts