Self-introduction

Dear Professor Brad,

I am writing this email to introduce myself to you as a student in your effective communication class. 
My name is Yeo Jia Hao, or just Jia Hao for short. I graduated with a diploma in integrated facility 
management from Temasek Polytechnic.

My interest in sustainable infrastructure began when I learnt how greenhouse gases affect and damage
the ozone layer, causing global warming. As an environmentalist and a responsible citizen who cares 
for the well-being of our planet, I feel obligated to reduce carbon emission released into the 
atmosphere. The best way for me to do this is to be a part of the initial planning phase of infrastructures,
where I can plan and design the most efficient and sustainable infrastructure to reduce electricity usage.

Aside from academic interests, one of my hobby is cycling where I can enjoy basking in nature and
keep fit at the same time.

My aim for studying in this programme is to learn and obtain industry-relevant competencies, 
knowledge and skills necessary to become a certified building information modelling professional while 
improving and strengthening my communication and interpersonal skills through constant interaction
with my peers and professors.

My strength is my ability to be objective with my writings, which helps me identify important points. 
Main points are highlighted and defined to avoid straying off point. One greatest weakness of mine is 
my public speaking anxiety. When all attention is on me or when speaking to a larger crowd than I am
accustomed to, I tend to stutter and shiver uncontrollably due to lack of confidence.

By the end of this module, my goals are to gain more self-confidence in my public speaking skills and 
improve my writing and communicating skills to effectively write and convey my intended message to 
the target audience.

With your guidance, I hope to further improve my writing and communication skills, bringing it to the 
next level and beyond.

Warmest regards,
Yeo Jia Hao

Comments

  1. Hi Jiahao,

    Great content and language use. I believe with your warmest heart for caring for the well being of this world, you can make it far in the future. keep it up

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jia Hao,

    Well structured letter, I believe that you will be able to enhance your communication and writing skills.

    Cheers,
    Hou Yang

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jia Hao,

    Thank you for this detailed reflection. It is clear and concise yet quite comprehensive since you provide lots of useful details. Your ideas also flow quite well. I especially like the way you connect your interest in environmental issues with your choice of study and future career.

    There are a few minor language issues in this draft. Please review the following:

    1) plurality
    -- one of my hobby >>> ? (one of many, i.e., plural)

    2) punctuation
    -- ...one of my hobby is cycling where I can enjoy basking in nature and
    keep fit at the same time. >>> (extra info expressed in the dependent clause) ...one of my hobby is cycling, where I can enjoy basking in nature and

    3) phrasing
    -- ...than I am accustomed to >>> that I am UNaccustomed to
    -- By the end of this module, my goals... >>> My goals are that by the end of this module...

    I look forward to working with you further this term.

    Cheers,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi JiaHao,

    Well conveyed and detailed introduction letter.
    Hope to get some writing tips from you!

    Cheers,
    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Comments made to Bernadine, Yanxiang and Hou Yang.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts